ABBYY Recognition Server Helps Airline’s Document Management System Really Take Off
Legal Giant Norton Rose LLP Centralises Document Digitising with ABBYY Recognition Server
Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh's Herbarium Collection Evolves with ABBYY Recognition Server
Benefits of ABBYY Recognition Server Patently Clear to RWS
ABBYY Recognition Server
ABBYY Recognition Server is the ideal choice for organisations that are looking for an efficient automated OCR server and document capture software. This robust, powerful yet simple server-based OCR solution is designed for mid- to high-volume document processing across large departments and enterprises. It can be either deployed as a standalone program or integrated with a third-party system such as DMS, RMS, and electronic archiving system.
*NEW* ABBYY Recognition Server OCR IFilter is a powerful add-on to Microsoft Office SharePoint and Windows Search that enables them with capability to search through full content of image documents.
Search for information is a vital part of any office workflow. As the organisation grows, documents scatter across departments, file folders and ECM system, and search takes more and more valuable time Microsoft® offers effective instruments to organise enterprise search on different levels, from centralised content storage to individual desktops. Microsoft Office SharePoint Server has powerful search capabilities in SharePoint document libraries and folders; Windows Search is helpful in finding files on desktop computers.
- "Unlocks" images in SharePoint Servers and on user desktop computers. A single installation of ABBYY Recognition Server will OCR images from all computers and SharePoint Servers in the corporate network.
- Supports various image formats. A single ABBYY IFilter will take care of images in all kinds of image formats from JPEG to TIFF, PDF and DjVu.
- Recognises documents in all languages. ABBYY Recognition Server is based on the award-winning ABBYY OCR technology which supports more than 190 languages, can process multi-lingual documents and provides superior quality ensuring that no documents are left out from search.
- Powerful OCR on a dedicated server. ABBYY Recognition Server can be installed on a dedicated server computer so that the resource-intensive OCR module is separated from the SharePoint Server and desktop computers and doesn't affect their productivity and work. In case of a large image backlog, ABBYY Recognition Server can be easily scaled up by plugging additional OCR stations that will share the workload automatically.
- Takes care of all kinds of OCR tasks. ABBYY Recognition Server usage is not limited to integration with Microsoft search. The product can also be used as a full-scale OCR and document conversion server for all kinds of tasks, from converting a scanned document to Word to creating searchable PDF archives.