Want to be an early adopter?
Get the new Smart-UPS with Lithium-Ion battery technology before anyone else does, and lower your Total Cost of Ownership with hassle-free battery maintenance!
What makes it unique?
Unlike traditional lead acid battery UPS alternatives, APC Smart-UPS with Lithium-Ion battery technology is ideal for distributed IT environments for edge computing and Industrial IoT applications.
- Doubling your UPS battery lifecycle
- Lowering your TCO by up to 35%
- Reducing battery weight by 30%
- Offering flexible remote UPS management options
Ask yourself four questions:
- Are you tired of battery replacement needs?
- Have you encountered unexpected battery failures?
- Are you ready to lower your Total Cost of Ownership?
- Have you noticed significant runtime degradation over
time or due to high temperatures?
If your answer is yes to any of these questions, connect with APC at Insight UK to learn more about Smart UPS with Lithium-Ion battery technology.
APC Li-Ion is Safe
APC works with industry leading battery manufacturers and integrators for Smart-UPS with Lithium-Ion solutions. The Lithium-Ion battery packs have passed strict certifications and testing with built-in battery monitoring systems (BMS) to give you peace of mind.
Total Cost of Ownership decreases up to 53% when using the Smart-UPS On-Line Li-Ion UPS solutions.
With Li-Ion embedded technology, Smart-UPS On-Line offers several maintenance and cost-saving benefits:
- Longer life span: Li-Ion batteries can have a service life upwards of 10 years
- This eliminates the cost of replacing the batteries every 3-5 years
- Eliminates labor cost of changing the batteries
- Elimates associated costs of shipping and recycling old batteries
- Increased life cycle asset management
- Smaller size and weight: Due to higher energy densities, Li-Ion batteries have a much smaller footprint and weigh about 30% less than sealed lead acid batteries.
- Lower maintenance and total cost of ownership: With double the battery life, the amount of maintenance and associated costs required over the life of the UPS is reduced by up to 53%.
- Safety: APC's proven record of safety and best-in-class design and adherence to safety regulations (UL 1973, UL1642/IEC62133) provides added peace of mind.
- Better performance at higher temperatures: Li-Ion batteries can operate at higher average temperature (e.g., 40°C / 104°F) without degradation to UPS performance of runtime.
- Extended runtime: Smart-UPS On-Line can be configured with multiple Li-Ion battery packs to meet aggressive runtime demands based on IT and business needs.
- Remote management capabilities: Available with a preinstalled Network Management Card (NMC) option, this solution can enhance visibility of edge environments with monitoring and control capabilities.
Smart-UPS On-Line Li-ion UPS
Industry-leading power factor and Li-ion batteries maximising UPS density.
High power density - More real power in watts, 0.9 pf
High-efficiency "green mode" - Achieves 98% efficiency which saces utility and cooling costs without compromising performance or reliability.
Graphical LCD display with multicolour backlight - Intuitive interface provides detailed and accurate informaiton with ability to configure locally.
Built-in energy meter - Measures energy use and displays UPS efficiency in various modes of operation for easy energy tracking.
Intelligent battery management system - Li-ion battery packs are monitored at an individual cell level to manage voltage and temperatures of the set of cells. This allows for the highest level of safety with the Li-ion battery packs. Enhanced battery intelligence also allows the UPS to automatically recognise if a battery pack is installed or other packs are added at a later date and adjust the runtimes for the connected load.
Lithium Ion battery pack - Provides long life battery power with the ability to operate at higher temperatures without degredation of the performance of the battery. Ability to add an additional 4 battery packs, total of 5, to expand runtime.
Operate without battery - Ability to immediately protect equiment when power returns after a complete discharge of the battery.
Five-year warranty on UPS and battery pack - Peace of mind with a 5 year warranty.
Smart-UPS On-Line Li-ion UPS
Proven performance with the world's largest installed base of single-phase, double-conversion products.
Optional network management card with environmental monitoring - Remote monitoring and control of the UPS and the environment via Ethernet connection.
Switched outlet group(s) - Ability to control a group of output load receptacles independent from the main UPS. Enables:
- Rebooting hung device without cycling the entire UPS
- Sequenced turn ON/OFF
- Shedding of noncritical loads based on a varietyy of parameters (battery time, runtime remaining, and overload)
- Scheduled time OFF to conserve energy
Emergency power off - Remote UPS shutoff in the event of a fire or other emergency. The UPS can accept normally open (NO) or normally closed (NC) contacts.
Flash upgradeable firmware - Allows for field updates of firmware via communication ports or Network Management Card (NMC).
Built-in automatic and manual bypass - Ensure seamless power to the load even in the event of catastrophic UPS failure.
Communication ports - Serial, USB, Ethernet, and SmartSlot for network accessory cards.
Communication protocols - Modbus serial, USB PowerSummary, HTTP, SNMP, and Teinet.
Smart-UPS On-Line display
Intuitive, easy-to-use LCD provides clear and accurate information in multiple languages.
LCD display screen - Accurately provides real-time status updates in your choice of basic or advanced menus.
UPS status (scrolling)
Test and diagnostics
Smart-UPS On-Line Li-ion Battery Pack
Long life, lighter weight, higher performance, high density.
Longer lifecycle - Double the life expectancy vs. selected lead acid batteries.
Lighter weight - 1/3 lighter than sealed lead acid battery pack equivalent.
High density - 1U rack height, allows more extended run capability is a smaller footprint.
Battery Management System (BMS) - Dedicated monitoring system to control the energy flow in the battery pack.
Overvoltage and overtemperature protection at cell level - Provides a higher level of safety.
Overload, short circuit protection, and thermal runway protection- Provides a higher level of safety.
Dedicated fuse inside of the battery pack - Provides a higher level of safety.
US Certified - UL1973
Cell Certifications - UL1642, IEC692133, UN38.3
5 Year Warranty