Get Ready for the Future with Windows Server 2019 and SQL Server 2017,
Optimised for Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors
Get ready for the future and gain a competitive edge by moving to Windows Server 2019 and SQL Server 2017. Optimised for Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, Windows Server 2019 and SQL Server 2017 deliver improved, highly scalable performance, better security, and faster insights from data—all while reducing TCO.
Accelerate product innovation and increase efficiency with performance up to 4X faster than 4- to 5-year-old servers.1
Save up to 60% on operational expenses by replacing more servers with fewer.2
Meet data security requirements, and gain insights from data faster with GDPR-ready SQL Server 2017, the only database with AI built in. Pre-configured, optimised Intel® Select Solutions configurations eliminate guesswork, allowing you to deploy quickly.
Support for SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 ends July 9, 2019, and January 14, 2020 respectively. Modernise your IT infrastructure with Windows Server 2019 and SQL Server 2017, optimized for Intel Xeon Scalable processors.
Benefits of the Latest Software and Hardware Innovation
Modernising IT infrastructure with Windows Server 2019 and SQL Server 2017 on Intel Xeon Scalable processors accelerates innovation and delivers business value with these benefits:
- Reduced “technical debt” – Unplanned downtime and maintenance costs decrease, and IT staff efficiency improves.
- Improved data security and compliance – The latest hardware- and software-level security features strengthen network security from data centre to cloud to edge and provide support to meet GDPR and other compliance requirements.
- An easier path to hybrid cloud – HCI improves infrastructure efficiencies, enabling rapid deployment of IT services while reducing costs.
- Support for expanding workloads – Combining improved performance with advanced analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) technologies speeds time to insight from data and allows for faster delivery of apps and releases. SQL Server is the only commercial database with AI built-in.
Get Ready for the Future, on Your Terms
Don’t let legacy infrastructure hold your business back. Get the performance, efficiency and security you need to be able to compete—today and in the future—with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 and Windows Server 2019 on the Intel Xeon Scalable platform. By making it easier to take advantage of the benefits of cloud, these solutions from Intel and Microsoft help you get future-ready, on your terms.
1. Per node 4X higher integer throughput performance: estimate based on SPECrate*2017_int_base on Intel internal platforms as of June 2018: 1x node, 2x Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2690, 128GB total memory, 16 slots / 8 GB/ 1600MT/s DDR3 RDIMM, Benchmark: SPEC CPU2017 V1.2, Compiler: Intel® Compiler IC17 update 2, Optimised libraries / versions: IC18.0_20170901, Other Software: MicroQuill SMART HEAP. uCode: 713, OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux* 7.4, Kernel: 3.10.0-693.11.6.el7.x86_64 x86_64, Score 65.5 vs. 1x Node, 2x Intel® Xeon® Platinum 8180 Processor, 384GB total memory, 12 slots / 32 GB / 2666 MT/s DDR4, Benchmark software: SPEC CPU® 2017, Compiler: Intel® Compiler IC18 OEM, Optimised libraries: AVX512, ucode:0x043, Red Hat Enterprise Linux* 7.4, 3.10.0-693.11.6.el7.x86_64, Score: 281. Cost reduction scenarios described are intended as examples of how a given Intel- based product, in the specified circumstances and configurations, may affect future costs and provide cost savings. Circumstances will vary. Intel does not guarantee any costs or cost reduction.
2. The benchmark results may need to be revised as additional testing is conducted. The results depend on the specific platform configurations and workloads utilised in the testing, and may not be applicable to any particular user's components, computer system or workloads. The results are not necessarily representative of other benchmarks and other benchmark results may show greater or lesser impact from mitigations. Performance tests, such as SYSmark and MobileMark, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. For more complete information visit www.intel.com/benchmarks.