Getting Started with VMware Cloud on AWS
Deliver a seamless hybrid cloud by extending your on-premises vSphere environment to the AWS Cloud
Free Cloud Discovery Workshop
Our FREE VMware Cloud on AWS discovery workshop will provide you with valuable insights, enabling you to make smart business decisions regarding how you approach the cloud.
Request A POC Demo
Request a VMware Cloud on AWS POC demo today to try out the latest and greatest from VMware in a safe environment. Test the migration capability live, by performing hot vMotion migration of workloads from your on-premises vSphere environment to VMC on AWS.
Our assessment service will cover your network, physical infrastructure, vSphere configuration, workloads, applications, identity use cases for native AWS, extension and bursting requirements for Data Centre extension use case, DR requirements and a high level solution design.
Build & Migrate Service
Insight can help you with your build and migration needs including on-prem upgrades, AWS account creation with VPC configuration, spin up your VMC SDDC and connect to AWS, installation and configuration of your network, workload migration, integrate to native AWS services, deploy automation tools, installation and configuration of DR components and provision of low level solution design documention.
Key capabilities of VMware Cloud on AWS
The only hybrid cloud solution that allows you to modernize, protect and scale vSphere-based applications leveraging AWS,
the world’s leading public cloud.
- Leverage predictable, high-performance compute, storage and networking delivered by vSphere, vSAN and NSX running on next-gen Nitro system-based Amazon EC2 elastic, bare-metal infrastructure.
- Ensure application uptime through capabilities built directly in the service such as vSphere HA, DRS, auto host remediation, and Stretched Clusters for zero-RPO infrastructure availability.
- Prevent the lateral spread of threats with dynamic policy-driven NSX micro-segmentation and distributed firewalls.
Simple and consistent operations
- Reduce your operational overhead and achieve your cloud strategy faster, whether it is migration, extension or protection, by leveraging existing skills, tools, processes and familiar VMware technologies.
- Get a single inventory view of both on-premises and VMware Cloud on AWS resources using vCenter Server technology.
- Leverage the in-product, unified support experience that brings together intelligent search, chat support, service request management, service health and community help, available at your fingertips.
- Align costs to your business needs with flexible consumption options and investment protection.
- Consume on-demand hourly, or take advantage of one-year and three-year reserved models for deeper discounts.
- Get started rapidly and provision an entire VMware SDDC environment in 2 hours.
- Add or remove hosts in minutes or let Elastic DRS to do it automatically based on optimal utilization.
Familiar and seamless
- Continue using your familiar VMware technologies - plus a broad range of third party technology solution providers that are validated to work with VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Leverage a single point of contact for all your support issues.
- Focus on your apps while VMware and its partners take care of infrastructure patches and upgrades.
- Empower your infrastructure teams to run the most resource-intensive apps with all the performance, availability and scale requirements they need, while your development teams focus on your business requirements.
Top 5 Challenges of Migrating Applications to the Cloud
Before reaping the benefits of public cloud, businesses need to successfully move there. This brief explores the top 5 challenges and how VMC on AWS can be the right solution.
Learn more in the FAQ 10 questions, 10 answers: get to know VMware cloud on AWS – the best-in-class hybrid cloud service.
VMware Cloud™ on AWS seamlessly supports workloads on premises and in the public cloud for a best-in-class hybrid cloud service.
Read our FAQ for deep insights on how this intelligent marriage of VMware and AWS can help you.
A Smart Approach to Hybrid Cloud
Get more details in the guide Migrating Apps to the
Cloud in 5 Steps.
Choosing the right hybrid cloud strategy can mean the difference between time-consuming app conversions and a seamless experience that relies on your existing tools and skill sets.
Read our guide for insight on how to streamline app migration and what to expect from your hybrid cloud.